Speaker Lineup Like No Other.
AB & David, Zambia
Dumisani Tembo, is the Managing Partner of AB & David Zambia, part of the Pan African firm of AB & David Africa registered in Mauritius. He is the Head of Energy, Infrastructure & PPPs Practice Group). He has over 16 years’ experience in Energy, Private Partnership Agreements (PPPs), Infrastructure, Corporate, Finance, Tax, Commercial Dispute Resolution, Mergers and Acquisitions, Government Business. He also currently serves as the Vice Chairperson of Zambia’s Tax Appeal Tribunal.
He holds a Bachelor of Laws Degree from the University of Zambia and Master Laws Degree in Taxation and Investment from ZCAS University.
He has advised on a number of PPP, Energy, Infrastructure Projects and Acquisitions in Zambia. Some of these include;
- Just been appointed as local adviser to the Concessioner on one of a kind mixed infrastructure project on the Kasomeno – Mwenda Toll Road between the Zambia and Congo to be implemented by the Zambian and Congolese Governments which also includes and combines Bridge over the Luapula River, One Stop Border Post and Airstrip as a PPP Project.
- Advice on the proposed construction and dualisation on a PPP basis of a 205km Toll road between Chingola on the Copperbelt to Mutanda in Northwestern Province in Zambia on a 25 year concession at a proposed cost of USD185m.
- Led conducting of detailed Due Diligence and advice to China Nonferrous Metals Corporation (CNMC) of China on possible acquisition of the Konkola Copper Mines (KCM) within the shortest possible time in June/July by provision of advice to the client through Eversheds Sutherlands
- The Due Diligence included but not limited to provision of on the spot checks, legal advice, written and oral, preparation of legal opinions on the Environmental, Mining, Employment, Liquidation laws and compliance issues.
- Advised the Council of the University of Zambia entered into a USD38m 25 year PPP concession for the development of Lusaka’s East Park Shopping Mall on phase 5 and 6 of the development of Business Park, Hotel, Roads through the University.
- Currently engaged as Consultant and working on Review and Optimisation of IPP, Mini Grid and Other Renewable Energy Licences in Zambia implemented by DT Global in consortium with NIRASA and Practical Action, funded by the European Union (EU) as support to the Zambia Energy Sector under the Increased Access to Electricity and Renewable Energy Production (IAEREP) Project and through the Enhancement of the Policy, Legal and Regulatory Environment and Capacity Building for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency for the Government of the Republic of Zambia
- Currently engaged as lead Consultant and working on the Review of the Draft Zambia Power Development Framework implemented by DT Global in consortium with NIRASA and Practical Action, funded by the European Union (EU) as support to the Zambia Energy Sector under the Increased Access to Electricity and Renewable Energy Production (IAEREP) Project and through the Enhancement of the Policy, Legal and Regulatory Environment and Capacity Building for Renewable energy and Energy Efficiency for the Government of the Republic of Zambia
- Advised on a potentially USD1.8 billion Integrated waste to energy project to be run on BOT basis but in conjunction with the Lusaka City Council as the land fill owner and the Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company.
- Advice on downstream oil sector from set up, Regulatory approvals, licences, permits and Energy Regulation Board (ERB), Approvals, Loan Origination, preparation and Perfection of Securities Team for U- Fuel International, an American corporation specialised in the above ground portable fuel stations. U-Fuel Zambia has brought the first of such technology in the Southern part of Africa.
- Currently been engaged and advising on one-stage tender process to support the procurement of an off-grid power solution for the Agro Luswishi Block Power Options Project on a 7,786 Hectares area of land funded by the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID).
Dumisani is a member of the Zambia Law Association and worked on the Highlights of the proposed Changes to the Electricity and Energy Regulation Bills as well as the Critical Analysis of the proposed Changes to the Electricity and Energy Regulation Bills which was submitted to Parliament as part of the Public’s comments to the proposed Electricity and Energy Regulation Bills. He was also a contributor to the African Law and Business Special Report on Investment in Africa 2017, Zambian Chapter, the 2014 Doing Business – Understanding Regulations for Small and Medium Size Enterprises of the World Bank and International Finance Corporation
(IFC) as well as the 2016 Doing Business – Measuring Regulatory Quality and Efficiency – World Bank.